Thursday, December 2, 2010

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Bethenny Frankel recipe
http://www.bethenny.com/2010/10/26/banana-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/

* 1 1/2 cups oat flour (I used 1 cup of ground oats and 1/2 cup oat bran)
* 3/4 cup rolled oats
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup raw sugar (I used brown sugar)
* 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I used chopped dark chocolate)
* 1 teaspoon canola oil
* 1/3 cup soy milk (I used almond milk)
* 1/2 cup banana puree (1 medium-size banana)(I used two small - very ripe)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grind oatmeal and oat bran in food proccessor
add chocolate and chop
add sugar and other dry ingredients
combine banana and wet ingredients in blender
add wet to dry while pulsing food processor
Use a cookie scoop or a large spoon to scoop batter onto a cookie sheet with silpat
Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking, or bake until the edges of the cookies are light brown.
made 1.5 dozen for me

No comments: