My mom was recently diagnosed with Diabetes - so i am looking into some diabetic baking recipes
i came up with this as splenda apparently works well in biscotti and I just got a fancy new zester I was dying to try
These are so good! So Orangy I don't think you will notice they are 'diet'
I think maybe a little bit of salt should have been included
also I might try a splenda/orange juice glaze
5 Tb sortening (without trans fat)
5 Tb splenda
Beat together
continue beating add
1 egg
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
zest from one orange
juice from half of orange
In a seperate bowl Combine
1/2 cup oat flour (oatmeal proccessed in a blender)
1 cup white flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup dry milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
add to wet ingredients
fold in 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut & 1/4 to 1/2 cup cashews
Mold dough into 12 x3 inch log
bake 20 min at 350
remove from oven and slice into 1/2 inch slices
put slices back in oven until crispy - about 15 minutes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment