Monday, July 23, 2007

Perfect Pumpkin Muffins

I continue on my quest for a really healthy muffin I can eat for breakfast during the week. I modified my pumpkin bread recipe a little and made muffins.
INGREDIENTS

5TB Agave Nectar
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 apple shredded
1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
1 egg
Dry:
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
3/4 cup oat bran
3/4 cup dry milk
3/4 cup flax seed meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
OR
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamon
3 cloves
and some fresh ground nutmeg - maybe 1/2 tsp

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and a muffin pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Beat together egg, yogurt, agave nectar, pumpkin and apple. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
3. Bake for about 20 min in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean
These are great - perfect texture - no hard exterior like my pumpkin loaf. I think these are close to fat free,they are sugar-free and whole grain.

No comments: