
I will come up with a better name for this....
I just threw this together and put it in the oven before I left for the gym.
I had a container of grape tomatoes and about 3/4 of a cup of chopped frozen spinach - so i threw those in to my big enamel pot. I added 1 cup of brown rice, 2 cups of water, a couple tablespoons of garlic, 1/4 cup of parmasean cheese, salt, pepper and some italian seasoning.
I took two bone in chicken breasts and stuffed some of the mixture under the skin.
I flipped the breasts over so that the stuffed skin side was submerged (since it had rice that would need access to the liquid.
I put it in the oven with the lid on at 350 for about 1.5 hours. I meant to have it in for one hour - but i didn't make it home in time.
The rice was a little overcooked - but i love it that way. One of the stuffed breasts exploded - the other remained intact, but since the skin didn't brown I am no so sure about bothering with stuffing the breasts - maybe with just the tomatoes and leave it upright.
Also - to get more tomato flavor I might have the tomatoes next time so that they give up their juices to the rice.
This was soooo good and sooo easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment