Thursday, March 29, 2007

Chicken Alfredo

This was so good I had to enter it in the blog right away before I forget how I did it.
First I put water on to boil. Then I sprayed a large saute pan with the new pan olive oil mist. I sauteed about a tablespoon of chopped garlic - i buy the jar of prechopped garlic - for a few minutes. Then I added 1 pkg (6 pieces) boneless/skinless chicken thighs cut into bit sized pieces and seasoned with salt. This could also be done with 4 frozen chicken breasts - the would have to be cooked in some water until defrosted enough to cut into bite sized pieces and then cooked through and until liquid was reduced. While those are cooking I added 2 cups of whole wheat rotini to the boiling water. When the chicken is cooked through turn the heat down to low. After 5 minutes add about 3 TB of margarine (I use smart balance) and 1/3 of a package of low fat cream cheese and stir into chicken as it melts. Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of light sour cream.
When pasta is cooked mix it into chicken mixture right in the pan. I also added some cooked frozen broccoli to mine - but the BF wasn't havin' it. This is low-fat - except for the cheese - and you could probably use less.

No comments: